Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Girl Power!

I just had to share a few pictures from our takewondo testing last month. For those of you who keep up with the blog, you know that the girls and I are all taking takewondo and we had to test for our yellow belts on the 24th of last month. This is uncharted territory for all of us and we were all very nervous. Needless to say, the girls ROCKED!!! I was so proud as they had worked really hard..or actually we all did...anyway, we all passed and are now official yellow belts. I honestly have no words to describe how proud I was of them. It is a very intimidating atmosphere for first timers and Alli Grace about chewed all of her nails off before they ever called her up.

Anyway, here are just a couple.



This was after we were all done and a huge sigh of relief as we were able to watch the higher belts test.




This is Alli Grace in action. She was so nervous and was called in the second group. She did the best she has ever done and showed her stuff. Don't let the bow fool you as she is a force to be reckoned with.




And this is Morgan. If you will remember, she wanted nothing to do with takewondo and, needless to say, has excelled in the sport. She is a natural.




So there you have it. I decided not to share any of myself as I hate looking at myself in pictures! Especially when I look like a huge marshmallow!


I need to say a big THANK YOU to Ms. Shanna for taking pictures for me while we were all testing. She did a great job and I LOVE all of the action shots! I have some of her too that I need to get posted as well.

I cannot say enough about this organization. We train at Grandmaster Hans Martial Arts of Central Arkansas here in Conway with Tom and Shanna Mullaney...okay I probably spelled that all wrong. Anyway, we have a lot of great instructors and an atmosphere that is positive, encouraging and truly like a family. I feel very blessed that we found this organization and have been welcomed into their family. I highly recommend this for anyone regardless of age or gender. However, if you have a daughter...get her in here!! They really do teach great life skills.
WE HAVE PRINCIPLES NOT RULES.
· Be Polite
· Be Patient
· Be Alert
· Be Brave
· Do Your Best
· Respect Yourself & Others
Hope everyone has an awesome day!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so awesome!! I am so proud of you guys and I'm glad that you will always have my back! Luv u!! Kelsie